Located in Montjuïc, the Barcelona Sports Tech Hub is intended to make the city an international leader in the sports tech sector and improve the economic competitiveness of businesses, organisations and institutions in this field.
Having recently launched its website with a .barcelona domain, the Barcelona Sports Tech Hub houses and promotes projects linked to any sphere of physical activity and sports, with an emphasis on three areas:
- High-performance sport
- Water sports and the promotion of the blue economy
- Sport among the general public
The hub is made up of companies, large corporations, institutions, start-ups and other tech stakeholders with projects to transform and improve the management and practice of sport, including projects linked to e-sports.
Important projects have been launched within the context of the Barcelona Sports Tech Hub which will help the facility function in its first few years. In the future the hub will also have a branch at the Palau Municipal d’Esports:
- First incubator for sports tech start-ups in Barcelona, located at the Olympic Stadium with an area of 1,167 m2 and promoted by BSM and Barcelona Activa.
- New project for the Olympic Port, managed and promoted by BSM.
- Support programmes for the creation of start-ups in sports and technology, to validate business models for projects through training, advice and networking. This includes six months of co-working for sports start-ups at the Almogàvers incubator.
The initial budget for the Barcelona Sports Tech Hub is three million euros.
original blog post at https://www.domini.barcelona/en/actualitat/barcelona-sports-tech-hubs-got-the-dot/