geoTLD Group Meeting at ICANN Barcelona
Sunday October 21 2018 (13:30 – 15:00, room 133)
- Housekeeping and internal topics
- GDPR update and survey
- Marketing & Communication of members
- ICANN related topics
- The nTLD Pre-Round Model (presented by Tony Kirsch, Neustar)
- Update geoNames (Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON)
- Any other business (AOB)
Link at ICANN 63 website: https://63.schedule.icann.org/meetings/901760
geoTLDs as Enabler for Local Communities’ Support, City Branding, Smart City and E-Government solutions
Wednesday October 24th (13:30 – 18:30, room 129/130)
Goals and Expected Outcomes:
- Present the different use cases for geoTLDs (city, region, continent, language and culture, etc.), as well as the different institutional structures (public, private, public/private partnerships)
- Explore the current and future innovations geoTLDs may bring to the different areas: city branding, E-Government, promotion of languages, citizens participation, etc.
- Explore how geoTLDs may be used by Local Authorities to complement their Digital Agenda initiatives.
The Session will consist of 3 consecutive Panels:
- Presentation of the different kinds of geoTLDs and their evolution
- Use Cases from different geoTLDs
- How geotTLDs fit (or may fit) into the Digital Strategy of different cities
Link at ICANN 63 website: https://63.schedule.icann.org/meetings/914209 including audio files of the meeting.
The group photo:
Participating members of the geoTLD-meeting during ICANN 63 in Barcelona on Oct. 21 2018.