geoTLD Meeting at ICANN Meeting Barcelona
Sunday October 21 2018 (afternoon)
geoTLDs as Enabler for Local Communities’ Support, City Branding, Smart City and E-Government solutions
Wednesday October 24th (t.b.a.)
Goals and Expected Outcomes:
- Present the different use cases for geoTLDs (city, region, continent, language and culture, etc.), as well as the different institutional structures (public, private, public/private partnerships)
- Explore the current and future innovations geoTLDs may bring to the different areas: city branding, E-Government, promotion of languages, citizens participation, etc.
- Explore how geoTLDs may be used by Local Authorities to complement their Digital Agenda initiatives.
The Session will consist of 3 consecutive Panels:
- Presentation of the different kinds of geoTLDs and their evolution
- Use Cases from different geoTLDs
- How geotTLDs fit (or may fit) into the Digital Strategy of different cities